Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Face of the Month




        I always find it really interesting to see what makeup products people use on a daily basis, so naturally, I posted something that I, myself would enjoy reading. I try my best to switch up my makeup routine as often as I can, but lately I haven't been able to stray away from these specific makeup products.
        First off, Chanel Vitalumeire Aqua... Need I say more?! If you haven't tried this foundation, you should really consider saving up $45. Yes, I know, it seems insane to purchase anything that is only 1 oz of product for $45, but it lasts forever and it gives you the most beautiful finish on your skin. I can't even explain how much better this foundation makes me feel -- it's just amazing. YouTube offers a lot of videos that can show you the actual application (I personally love "missglamorazzi" and her review.)
        *Drum roll* The eyeshadow! Now, the original Naked palette has quickly taken the backseat since the Naked 2 palette came out, but the shade "Sidecar" is hands-down my favorite eyeshadow of all time. It's this beautiful pinky-taupe shade with large, but not over-the-top, chunks of glitter -- yes, glitter. I've seen a lot of people on YouTube using it for a "night time" look, but I think you can wear it at any time of day. As for the fallout... I don't mind a little extra glitter fallin' on my face and making me look like I'm sparkling! And for blending purposes, I like to throw a little bit of "Naked" into the crease to "kick it up a notch," as Emeril would say, but really it kind of takes it down a notch... welp, whatver!
        Also for eyes, I've been loving L'Oreal's "Extra-Volume Collagen" mascara -- the waterproof version. I've always loathed WP mascaras, but since I was cursed with the disease of "uncurlable lashes," I've had to deal with it. (Yes, the disease is a real thing to me, and yes, it is horrible to live with.) It thickens, lengthens, and holds a curl which immediately makes it five stars in my book.
        For cheeks, I feel like the rest of the world that can't hop off the NARS blush bandwagon, and I'm constantly debating between which one to use -- Lovejoy or Deep Throat. Lovejoy looks like it'd be a dark brown blush, but on the skin it's this beautiful rose color. Deep throat looks similarly to the way it looks in the pan, on the cheeks. A gorgeous pink with shimmer that doesn't make you look like Edward Cullen.
        Lastly, my YSL Rouge Volupte in "Natural Beige." Where do I even begin with these lipsticks? They're ridiculously pricey, and it took my a long time to allow myself to splurge on it. I figured that I had served enough tables to give myself a treat *pats self on back.* They retail for $34, but the color is so rich that you can't even complain. Just a few pats and you have an opaque layer of pigmented awesome-ness on your lips. You can't beat that!

Well, I hope you enjoyed reading my endless ramble about my makeup products.

Once again, much love. xx

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous photos! I really really really need to replace my eyeshadow and I love the colors of the Naked 2 palette...

    ReplyDelete